Happy New Year to all! Whether you are snowed in or still living your best life on Holiday vacation, we know you are already thinking about your next trip because we are too! After seeing the outrageous resorts and towns everyone has been traveling to last year we couldn’t help but think about our travels for 2018! So for guidance take a look at the most incredible resorts of 2018 you DO NOT want to miss out on
1. In the Whitsundays, Daydream Island the $65 million redevelopment will include the expansion of the Lovers Cove function area and a new Asian-inspired restaurant. Daydream Island expects to welcome guests again from October 2018.
2. The Dusit Cebu Mactan Island in the Philippines will become a five-star resort for both business and leisure travelers from late 2018.
3. Seda Lio in El Nido, Palawan in the Philippines will feature lots of open spaces and take design inspiration from its tropical surroundings when it opens early in 2018.
4. Preparing to open in 2018, The Crimson Resort and Spa Boracay is an ultra-exclusive hideaway situated at Station Zero. Guests will be transferred by boat to this tropical haven. As well as a private beach the resort will have three swimming pools, three restaurants, and a fitness center and spa when it opens in January.
5. In the Seychelles, the Four Seasons will be opening the only resort on the coral island of Descroches Island in early 2018. One of the Four Seasons’ most intimate resorts with only 71 accommodations including villas, suites and residences, all with private pool and beach access, the Four Seasons Resort Seychelles will also have a sanctuary for Aldabra giant tortoise.
6. Vietnam’s Phu Quoc Island is about to welcome another luxury resort to Bai Dai Beach. The Radisson Blu Resort Phu Quoc will have 522 rooms and suites and include a safari park, water theme park, retail section, spa, convention center and 27-hole golf course and is set to open in the first quarter of 2018.
7. Among the new features to be launched on the 1st of December at the LUX* Grand Gaube Resort & Spa is a ‘Rum Treehouse’ where guests order cocktails with one of 88 types of rum by tugging on a rope to get the attention of the bartender below, and a Citroën H van that’s been converted into a pop up bar.
8. Thai luxury boutique resort company SALA Hospitality Group’s third resort in Thailand is opening its doors in Koh Samui, with the final phase expected to be completed in late 2018. The SALA Samui Chaweng Beach Resort will include suites with private pools between 18 and 46sq m, an open-air beachfront restaurant, romantic gazebos and special in-villa dining options.
9. The resort SLS Baha Mar, boasts 20 acres of private beach and will mix night-life and day venues including the only rooftop lounge in New Providence where an open air, ivy covered pavilion will offer some of the best views in the Bahamas.
10. Shangri-La Villingili Resort and Spa in the Maldives is partnering with one of the world’s most influential people in the world of fitness, Faisal Abdalla, or “Mr. PMA” (Positive Mental Attitude) for two weeks from December 22 to January 5.
Stay tuned at Miami City Social for more information!