All three of NASCAR’s premier racing series crowns Champions during NASCAR Ford Championship Weekend, including the Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Tricks Series. The events are held at the Homestead-Miami Speedway and features top drivers, including Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Miami’s own Juan Pablo Montoya. The speedway features 65,000 grandstand seats and 16 luxury sky box suites.
Homestead-Miami Speedway annually produces one of the most thrilling races given the track’s multiple lines of racing on its 1.5-mile banked oval. In 2012, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship saw 19 lead changes an average race speed of more than 142 mph. In 2011, the 400-mile contest had a race record 26 lead changes.
Here’s what you can expect throughout the Ford Championship Weekend:
• Free daily on-site parking
• Live music, concerts and entertainment
• Interactive displays
• Spectacular pre-race ceremonies, including celebrities, fireworks, and a signature musical performance
• Bring own food and beverage inside the gates
• Unlimited re-entry (leave, refill and come back)
Here are some tips to help make your Ford Championship Weekend a great experience!
• Don’t leave without your tickets
• Allow extra time for entering and exiting the Speedway
• You may want to consider alternate traffic routes
• Use all lanes of traffic available, please observe all directional signs
• Make note of where you parked
• Read and abide by the Speedway’s admission policy
• Prepare for all types of weather
• Wear comfortable shoes
• Stop by an “info hut” for up-to-date event information upon arrival
Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.