All three of NASCAR’s premier racing series crowns Champions during NASCAR Ford Championship Weekend, including the Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Tricks Series. The events are held at the Homestead-Miami Speedway and features top drivers, including Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Miami’s own Juan Pablo Montoya. The speedway features 65,000 grandstand seats and 16 luxury sky box suites.
Homestead-Miami Speedway annually produces one of the most thrilling races given the track’s multiple lines of racing on its 1.5-mile banked oval. In 2012, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship saw 19 lead changes an average race speed of more than 142 mph. In 2011, the 400-mile contest had a race record 26 lead changes.
Upgrade your experience with the Pre-Race Pit Pass. The pass takes your NASCAR race day experience to the next level and allows fans to walk out on Pit Road and the Frontstretch of Homestead-Miami Speedway to take pictured, sigh the Start/Finish Line and more. One Pre-Race Pit Pass grants access to the Pits on both Saturday and Sunday during specified times.
Other highlights of Ford Championship Weekend include:
• Free daily on-site parking
• Live music, concerts and entertainment
• Interactive displays
• Spectacular pre-race ceremonies, including celebrities, fireworks and a signature musical performance
• Bring own food and beverage inside the gates
• Unlimited re-entry (leave, refill and come back)
Here are some tips to help make your Ford Championship Weekend a great experience!
• Don’t leave without your tickets
• Allow extra time for entering and exiting the Speedway
• Please consider alternate traffic routes
• Use all lanes of traffic available, please observe all directional signs
• Remember where you parked your car (write it down in the area
provided in this guide)
• Read and abide by the Speedway’s admission policy
• Prepare for all types of weather
• Wear comfortable shoes
• Stop by an “info hut” for up-to-date event information upon arrival
Camping & RVs
Want to park your RV inside the gates or camp out during the weekend? No problem. Camping offers race fans an at-the-track entertainment experience without ever having to leave the property (but make sure you leave pre and post race days to enjoy Miami and the Beaches.) Visit Homestead Miami Speedway’s RV and Camping page for more information.
Various pricing options are available for 2013 Ford Championship Weekend starting at $55. Children 12 and younger are free in general admission sections Friday and Saturday, and half price in reserved sections for Saturday and Sunday’s championship races.
Homestead-Miami Speedway offers Three-day Champion ticket packages that include: Savings over single-day purchases; parking passes; exclusive entrance gates; and hard cards and lanyards that grant access to post-race championship celebrations.
Tickets are available:
• Online at HomesteadMiamiSpeedway.com, via smartphones — utilizing a redesigned interface, the Homestead-Miami Speedway mobile app, and the easier-to-use Facebook Store tab.
• By phone at 305.230.5255.
• In person at the Homestead-Miami Speedway box office
Take advantage of group pricing offers if you’re attending with 10 or more people.